Thursday, February 11, 2016

Baby Rhymetime 3rd February 2016

At Bowral Library we run a Baby rhymetime every Wednesday at 10.30am for children 0-2 years.

Older siblings are also welcome to come along.

This is a run down of what I do each week:

I open and close with the same songs every week. I read one book then we sing some songs.

When we finish our songs and stories I get out a bag of musical instruments. I put on a CD and play 4 or 5 songs and the children dance and play their instruments. Some weeks I give out scarves and we fly our scarves to a scarf song. Most weeks I also blow some bubbles while the parents and grandparents sing a bubble song.We then finish off with a bag of books that I put out for children to share with parents or grandparents. It's lovely to see how excited the children get when I bring out a bag of board books for sharing.

Here is what I repeat each week :

OPENING SONG:

This is the wave we wave hello
This is the way we wave hello
Wave hello, wave hello
This is the way we wave hello,
Hello, hello, hello!

WELCOME SONG:

Wecome everyone
Welcome, welcome, everyone
Now your here, we'll have some fun.
First we'll clap our hands just so
Then we'll bend and touch our toe.
Welcome, welcome, everyone
Now your here, we'll have some fun.

CLOSING SONG:

Goodbye song
Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Raise your hands up high
Open, shut them
Open, shut them
Wave and say goodbye.


Each week I add my program for that week to this blog. Some of you may want to sing some of the rhymes at home with your children.

I look forward to seeing you at baby rhymetime.
Juliana



No comments:

Post a Comment